The cheapest and most sustainable way to explore Düsseldorf
- Hop on right at the Hauptbahnhof (main railway station) and explore Düsseldorf by rental bike. (Subject to availability – the number of bicycles available for the DüsseldorfBikeCard is limited.)
- Discounts of up to 100% on around 50 offers, such as guided city tours, museums & souvenirs
- Cancellation free of charge up to 7 days before arrival
The DüsseldorfBikeCard is the cheapest and most sustainable way of exploring the Rhine metropolis. You get a rental bike, along with free or reduced entry to lots of museums.
Please note that opening hours of museums und institutes might change on public holidays.
24 or 48 hours
Choose your DüsseldorfBikeCard:
Discounts of up to 100% on more than 50 offers
With the DüsseldorfBikeCard you have the use of a rental bike for either 24 hours. The number of bicycles available for use with the card is limited. The bicycles are ready for pick-up at the bike station at the Hauptbahnhof. See the Questions below for all rental details.
- Aquazoo Löbbecke Museum (free entry)
- Filmmuseum Düsseldorf (free entry)
- Goethe-Museum Düsseldorf (free entry)
- Haus Bürgel / Roman fort (free entry)
- Carnival museum (reduced entry fee € 2.00)
- Heinrich-Heine-Institut (free entry)
- Hetjens-Museum/Deutsches Keramikmuseum (free entry)
- KAI | ARTHENA FOUNDATION (free entry)
- KIT - Kunst im Tunnel (free entry)
- Kunsthalle Düsseldorf (free entry)
- Kunstpalast (reduced entry fee)
- Kunstsammlung Nordrhein-Westfalen K20 Grabbeplatz (reduced entry fee)
- Kunstsammlung Nordrhein-Westfalen K21 Ständehaus (reduced entry fee)
- Kunstverein für die Rheinlande und Westfalen (free entry)
- Neanderthal Museum (€1.00 discount individuals, €2.00 discount families)
- NRW-Forum Düsseldorf (reduced entry fee)
- Sammlung Philara (50 % discount)
- SchifffahrtMuseum Düsseldorf (reduced entry fee € 1.50)
- Stadtmuseum Düsseldorf (free entry to the collections and Special Exhibitions)
- Stiftung Schloß und Park Benrath (reduced entry fee)
- Theatermuseum Düsseldorf (free entry to the exhibitions)
- Black Box (reduced entry fee €4.00)
- Classic Days - Festival of Culture & Motoring-Lifestyle (04.08.-06.08.-reduced entry fee 4 €)
- Deutsche Oper am Rhein (20 % discount)
- D´Haus - Düsseldorfer Schauspielhaus (20 % discount)
- Düsseldorfer Marionetten-Theater (temporary closed)
- FFT Düsseldo (20 % discount)
- Komödie Düsseldorf (20 % discount)
- Roncalli’s Apollo Varieté (20 % discount on PK1 tickets)
- tanzhaus NRW (9 € reduction on stage events)
- Altbeer-Safari (10 % discount)
- Old Town guided tour (50 % discount)
- Old Town AR-Tour (20 % discount)
- Classic Remise Düsseldorf (10 % discount on guided tours)
- Düsseldorf Food Tour (20 % discount)
- HopOn HopOff CityTour (Discount: 3 €)
- KD Panorama Cruise Düsseldorf (20 % discount)
- MedienHafen tour (50 % discount)
- Nightwatchmen tour (50 % discount)
- Rheinturm (€4 reduces entry fee)
- SEGWAY-Citytour (10 % discount)
- Sushi, Sake & japanischer Lifestyle (20 % discount)
- The Sound of Düsseldorf (10 % discount)
- Urban Art Walk (10 % discount)
- From the Modern to the Future (50 % discount)
- The Wehrhahn Line Düsseldorf (50 % discount)
- Christmas tour (20 % discount)
- Düsseldorf Souvernis (20 % discount)
Freizeitbad Düsselstrand (2 tickets for the price of one)
- Horse race track Grafenberg (free entry)
- Public golf course "Auf der Lausward" (20 % reduction on 9-hole and 18-hole green fees)
- JUMP GALAXY (two can jump for the price of one-for 90 and 120 min. of jumping time)
- Bike rental Düsseldorf (20 % discount on rentals)
- YOURcockpit (15 % reduction)
- Bakeries Josef Hinkel (50% discount of 500g of Black Forest bread)
- Mustard Shop (1 jar of Löwensenf extra mustard, 100ml)
- Hyatt Regency Düsseldorf (free dessert when you order a starter/main course at DOX)
- Lindt Boutique (10 % discount)
- Restaurant and brewery "Zum Schiffchen" (1 free Altbier in conjunction with a meal)
Detailed overview of all reduced and free offers.
We are happy to assist you
Free consulting & contact
+49 211 17 email@example.com
Monday to Friday 09:00-17:00
Frequently asked questions
The DüsseldorfBikeCard inclusive of a rental bike is valid for either 24or 48 hours. It can be obtained online or from the Tourist Information Offices.
The DüsseldorfBikeCard is valid from the chosen time for 24 or 48 hours.
You can buy the card online easily and at any time. It is also available from the Tourist Information Offices at the Hauptbahnhof and the Stadtmuseum.
You can pick up your bicycle at the bike station at Düsseldorf Hauptbahnhof (main railway station), Bertha-von-Suttner-Platz exit, on the right-hand side.
You will need to present ID and sign a contract with the bike station relating to the DüsseldorfBikeCard Terms & Conditions which also covers questions of liability, etc. A deposit of €50 for the bicycle is currently required.
You will find the bike station at Düsseldorf Hauptbahnhof at the Bertha-von-Suttner-Platz exit; the telephone number is 0211 – 5144711.
Please make note of the opening hours:
March to October
Monday and Thursday: 07:30 – 20:00
Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday: 07:00 – 20:00
Sat, Sun, public holidays 10:00 – 18:00
From November to February the bike station is closed at weekends.
You are free to use alternative bikes, where available. There is a 7 euro surcharge per day/24 h card for a pedelec (e-bike) and a 13 euro daily surcharge for a tandem. A tandem can be hired on presentation of two DüsseldorfBikeCards. Please check in good time with the bike station at Düsseldorf Hauptbahnhof, whether the bikes you want are available.
You can rent a bike helmet for €2 per day at the bike station at Düsseldorf Hauptbahnhof subject to availability on the given day. Please check availability in advance.
Yes. All rental bicycles from the bike station at Düsseldorf Hauptbahnhof come with a frame lock and also with chain locks. You will be informed at the bike station about how to lock the bike securely.
The rental bikes are fitted with high-quality tyres, with anti-puncture protection. However, if you should still suffer a flat tyre, the bike station will make every effort to assist. Please contact the Service Desk of the bike station at Düsseldorf Hauptbahnhof.
If the bike is returned after the rental period has expired, your rental charge will be extended for a further day. Please contact the bike station at Düsseldorf Hauptbahnhof without delay to discuss how to proceed.
All bikes come with a lock and instructions on how to lock them correctly. Any damage or theft must be reported immediately.
Either write us a short e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call us on (+49 211 17 202854) and we will be happy to re-send the DüsseldorfBikeCard.
Unfortunately, that is not possible. The discounts always relate to the standard price.
The user names are required when booking because the DüsseldorfCard is personal and non-transferable.
No. The DüsseldorfBikeCard is personal, so it is non-transferable. After booking, the user name can no longer be changed.
Once payment has been made, no changes can be made.